IEEE COMMUNICATIONS SOCIETY
Signal Processing and Communications Electronics Technical Committee (SPCE)
Meeting at ICC 2009, Dresden, Germany
15 June, 2009
- Introductions – The meeting began at 7:30 AM. Attendees introduced themselves. SPCE Chair Tomoaki Ohtsuki welcomed new members to the meeting.
- Minutes of GLOBECOM 2008 – The draft GLOBECOM 2008 meeting minutes were read, and minor corrections were made. The minutes were then approved and to be posted on the SPCE Web site.
- SPCE Outstanding Service Award – The 2008 SPCE Outstanding service award was given to Professor Said Boussakta.
- Technical Program Committee Reports
- ICC2009 (14-18 June in Dresden), Luc Deneire and Tomo Taniguchi
Dr. Tomo Taniguchi reported that there were 251 papers submitted and 86 papers were accepted (12 Oral sessions and 2 poster sessions). Acceptance rate 34.3%.
- GLOBECOM2009 (30 November – 4 December in Hawaii), Hung Nguyen, Tomo Taniguchi and Hsiao-Chun Wu
Dr. Hung Nguyen reported that there were 250 papers submitted. There will be 14 oral sessions and 2 poster sessions. Acceptance rate is 34.9%. Notification will be sent on 1 July 2009.
- D. ICC2010 (May 2010 in Capetown), Said Boussakta
Professor Said Boussakta reported that so far 96 TPC members have been invited. Paper submission has not started yet.
- E. GLOBECOM2010 (Miami, FL)
There is nothing to report. Dr. Hung Nguyen will represent SPCE.
- F. ICC2011 (23-29 July, Kyoto, Japan)
Dr. Tomo Taniguchi provided the details. Dr. Luc Deneire will represent the SPCE jointly with Dr. Hai Lin
- SPCE Outstanding Service Award
Selection committee included the current officers and the past chair. SPCE award will be finalized by the end of September. Selection Committee agreed to send out the call for nominations for the SPCE Outstanding Service Award by e-mail using our SPCE mailing list.
- Other Businesses
Dr. Lin Hai mentioned his experience at ICASSP about the signal processing for communications committee of IEEE Signal Processing society.
Adjourn – The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 AM. There were 7 people in attendance.
|Hung Nguyenfirstname.lastname@example.org||The Aerospace Corporation, USA|
|A. Nallanathanemail@example.com||King’s College London, UK|
|Hai Linfirstname.lastname@example.org||Osaka Prefecture University, Japan|
|Said Boussaktaemail@example.com||Newcastle University, UK|
|Tomoaki Ohtsukifirstname.lastname@example.org||Keio University, Japan|
|Tomo Taniguchiemail@example.com||Fujitsu Labs, Japan|
|Wai Pang Ngfirstname.lastname@example.org||Northumbria University|